Electronic disability sheets (ELN) in Russia began to be issued in July 2017. And in 2020, more than 65% of all sick leaves in our country were digital, and at the end of October 2021 – already 80%. From January 2022, ELN will completely take the place of paper ballots, which still continue to be issued in the old fashioned way if the patient wishes.
How a digital certificate of incapacity for work is drawn up, what are its advantages, how protected the personal data of patients is – these and other popular questions at the request of Komsomolskaya Pravda were answered by experts from the Social Insurance Fund (FSS RF). Let us remind you that sickness benefits are paid from the funds of this department, starting from the 4th day of being on the ballot for a general illness or home injury (the first three days are paid by the employer).
- What are the advantages of a digital newsletter?
The electronic hospital has undeniable advantages that are felt by patients, doctors, employers, and society as a whole. The most obvious “bonuses” are:
• ELN cannot be crushed, torn or lost;
• there is no need to check whether all the stamps were placed in the clinic, whether the form was filled in with the correct ink, etc .;
• the doctor spends less time on paperwork and can pay more attention to the patient;
• for employers, when switching to ELN, the time for processing sick leave is reduced, as well as transportation costs for centralized accounting – ELN does not need to be stored in the accounting department;
• modern digital service for registration of sick leave works transparently and minimizes the risks of abuse, forgery of ballots;
• By refusing to use paper sick leave forms, we preserve the surrounding nature and trees.
- I got sick and want to get ELN – what should I do?
• First, the attending physician of the polyclinic (or hospital, if you are receiving inpatient treatment) will ask you to sign your consent to issue an electronic certificate of incapacity for work.
• Then the doctor opens a special program and asks the FSS of the Russian Federation for a number to form an ELN.
• Having received the necessary information (literally in a matter of seconds), the doctor, who has an electronic medical record of the patient, fills in the minimum fields in the electronic certificate of incapacity for work: the date of its opening and the code of the reason for leaving work (illness, injury, etc.). The rest of the information – the name and date of birth of the patient, the name of the medical organization – is entered into the ELN automatically, thus avoiding mistakes.
• The closure of the electronic sick leave is also carried out by the doctor when examining the patient. The data in ELN are certified by a strengthened qualified electronic signature of a doctor and a medical organization.
- How to prove to the employer that he was treated, and not truant?
To confirm to your employer the fact of issuing an electronic certificate of incapacity for work, it is enough to provide the ELN number in any convenient way – SMS, phone call, e-mail, the specialists of the Social Insurance Fund explain.
If you suddenly forgot the numbers or want to print the data, you can easily find out information about ELN using the service “Personal account of the recipient of services”. This resource is located on the Foundation’s portal (lk.fss.ru). To enter, the same username and password are used as for the Unified Portal of Public Services (if you have an authorized account).
By the way, on the portal of state services itself there is an alert service, with the help of which the patient can learn online about the opening, extension and closure of sick leave.
- If a boss or an employee of the HR department enters the ELN issuance system – will they see my diagnosis?
The employer will not be able to find out your diagnosis from the electronic sick leave.
The employer sees only the reason for the temporary disability: general illness, caring for a family member, injury at work, etc.
- I have a policy of voluntary medical insurance (VHI), I visit a commercial clinic – which certificate of incapacity for work will be issued there?
The form of ownership of a medical organization – state, municipal, departmental, private – does not play a role in this case, experts explain. If the clinic has a license to conduct an examination of temporary disability (in other words, the right to issue sick leave certificates), then it can simply connect to the system for issuing electronic certificates of incapacity for work. The conditions for such a connection are the same for all medical organizations.
Accordingly, from 2022, all private medical centers, as well as state polyclinics and hospitals, will completely switch to ELN.
STAY IN TOUCH
Sickness benefits in 2021
• With work experience of 8 or more years, sick leave is equal to 100% of the employee’s average earnings (but not more than the maximum amount, see below).
• With work experience from 5 to 8 years – 80% of the average earnings.
• With less than 5 years of experience – 60%.
In 2021, the maximum (maximum) amount of sick leave for one day of being on the ballot is 2,434.25 rubles.
For 31 days of illness, the payment will be a maximum of 75,461.75 rubles.
In this case, the allowance cannot be less than 12,792.00 rubles. per month.
! These are general “limits”, the amount of the allowance for each employee is determined individually, depending on his personal average earnings and length of service.
Download Social Navigator
To receive up-to-date, reliable information about sick leave and other measures of state support, experts advise using the free application “Social Navigator”. It was developed by specialists from the Social Insurance Fund. Sotsnavigator can be downloaded from Google Play and App Store for devices with iOS and Android operating systems.
Using the application, you can find out:
• who is entitled to receive sick leave;
• for what periods the sick leave is not paid;
• specifics of appointment and payment of sick leave to those who work part-time, etc.
In addition, the application allows you to calculate the amount of the benefit in your specific case. This will help “Smart calculator”: a special electronic form, filling out which you will find out the amount of sick leave (the calculation is given for reference).
And with the help of the “Social Navigator” users can keep track of all their benefits. To do this, on the main page of the application there is a special window “Tracking benefits and payments”. To use this function, as well as view information about sick leave, you need to enter a username and password – the same that you use for the portal of public services.
FIGURES AND FACTS
• 92.6 million electronic disability certificates issued in Russia;
• 8 million ELN issued at the Helmholtz National Medical Research Center for Eye Diseases, it is the leader among federal medical organizations in terms of the number of registered electronic hospitals;
285 thousand ELNs were issued by the city polyclinic of Penza, it became the leader among regional medical organizations;
• 845 thousand Russian employers accept electronic certificates of incapacity for work;
• more than 11 thousand medical organizations issue ELN.
According to the FSS of the Russian Federation for October 2021