The development director of the Moscow coworking space swallowed a screwdriver while installing a dental implant in a private clinic in the north of Moscow. Perhaps a woman will need an abdominal operation to remove the instrument from the body.
As it became known to “MK”, the 48-year-old woman decided to take care of her smile and turned to a private dental clinic for the installation of implants. On December 9, as a result of medical procedures, a Swiss-made orthopedic screwdriver was in the patient’s stomach. The clinic staff promptly called an ambulance and escorted the lady to a state hospital to retrieve a screwdriver. However, this time the screwdriver turned out to be faster – it was not possible to remove the instrument in a gentle way, the foreign body had already quickly moved from the stomach to the intestines. Now the citizen has two ways: either the foreign body will show sympathy for the person and come out naturally, without tearing the intestinal wall, or she will have to do an abdominal operation under general anesthesia.
The dentist, who lost the instrument, considers the incident to be an accident – during the procedure, the patient became nervous, the gag reflex worked, she suddenly threw back her head and swallowed a screwdriver. But the patient says that she lay calmly during the procedure, and the doctor simply, through inattention, dropped the screwdriver, which was supposed to be tightly tied to the wrist of the doctor, right into her throat.
Who in this situation to believe – the competent authorities will decide.
Asia Times Now Instagram: Click Here
Asia Times Now Facebook: Click Here
Asia Times Now Twitter: Click Here
Asia Times Now Mockrack: Click Here