NATO : The hysteria that “Russia is about to attack Ukraine” fueled in the West is being used by the US itself to escalate. Thus, the Pentagon announced plans to transfer an additional contingent of American troops to the territory of the countries of Eastern Europe and the Baltic states. That is, closer to the borders of Russia. The numbers of the group are called different – from 8.5 thousand to 50 thousand military men.
In what timeframe is the United States able to solve such a problem and for what purpose is this being done, if the Americans and Europeans at the official level have repeatedly stated that they are not going to fight for Ukraine? These questions were answered by one of the leading Russian military analysts, the editor of Arsenal of the Fatherland, Alexei Leonkov.
– It was about the deployment of an additional 50,000th American contingent in Europe, – the expert specifies. – The first 8.5 thousand people are two land brigades. According to NATO standards, one brigade is 4,000 people with a tail. NATO cannot deploy its troops in Ukraine – Ukraine is not a member of the Alliance. Article 5 of the Washington Treaty, on the basis of which NATO was created, clearly states: only a member of the Alliance can be defended, and only when it is attacked. That is, it has nothing to do with Ukraine at all.
– But in Ukraine, already under the guise of instructors, there is a NATO military contingent.
– They have no right to be there in any other capacity. There are about four thousand of them.
– Is it a lot, or a little? What can be compared?
– The Americans have such a thing as “gradation of conflicts.” If there are between 4,000 and 8,000 US troops in the area of such a conflict, then this is a small conflict. If from 8 to 20 thousand – the average conflict. Over 20 thousand is already a major conflict.
– It turns out that the United States does not consider Ukraine as a territory of a major conflict?
– If someone thinks that the US is fighting for Ukraine, then they are greatly mistaken. In fact, the US is fighting for Europe, as it perceives Washington’s latest moves rather ambiguously. The United States dragged the Europeans into the Afghan conflict, where they suffered military losses without understanding why. Drug trafficking has remained the same, even increased. International terrorism has not weakened either. So what are you fighting for? And now Macron is voicing that NATO does not solve the problems of European security, for which it was once created, but simply fulfills the “Wishlist” of the United States.
– In short, is there confusion and vacillation in NATO?
– Even the NATO Strategy for 2020-2030, which NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg prepared and made public in 2020, was never adopted and sent for revision. The document caused controversy among members of the military bloc.
Does it need a common enemy to unite the bloc?
– Now it is very important for the Americans to provoke Russia into military action in order to organize the most bloody conflict in Europe. They need to show the Europeans that you will be next, and the war will spread to the countries of Eastern Europe.
– Under the pretext of protecting the Europeans from the imaginary Russian military threat, will the transfer of US forces take place? Many experts doubt that they are able to implement it quickly.
– Well, yes. Take the latest Defender Europe-2021 exercises, which they call large-scale. More than 30 thousand people took part in them. So they collected this grouping for a month. About those standards that are defined in their documents – 48 hours for the deployment of ground forces – there is not even a question. They were going to create some kind of rapid reaction corps of 30 brigades a few years ago. He could now react quickly and run to the border with Belarus and Ukraine. But so far there is no such body.
And in contrast to them, Russia, Belarus and the CSTO countries held the West-2021 exercises. This is more than 100 thousand people with equipment, who in the shortest possible time, within 5 days, were transferred and trained at 14 training grounds as a whole. And if we talk about regular surprise checks of our troops, then these indicators of NATO have not even been dreamed of. So, for the period for which the United States is able to transfer its troops, we are able to prepare an adequate response to their actions.