A serviceman of the People’s Militia of the Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR) was kidnapped by a sabotage group of the armed forces of Ukraine. This was reported by the “Lugansk Information Center” with reference to the official representative of the military department Ivan Filiponenko. This is another provocation of the Ukrainian military in the Donbass. “MK” asked the expert how the winter aggravation on the confrontation line could end.
According to the LPR, on January 22, while patrolling a section of the area in the area of the Svetlodarskaya Bulge, a serviceman of the People’s Militia of the LPR was abducted by a subversive group of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Filiponenko clarified that while on duty, the serviceman noticed suspicious activity in the forest belt, which he reported via radio. Without waiting for reinforcements, he began checking the area. He put himself under attack, but prevented the further advance of the enemy saboteurs in depth.
Earlier it was reported that the militants of the separate center of the Special Operations Forces (SSO) “West” of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (the former 8th special forces regiment), trained by foreign instructors, arrived in the joint forces operation zone to commit sabotage. Their main task is to carry out terrorist attacks on life support facilities, sabotage and raid operations on the line of contact and create pretexts for the escalation of the conflict. Despite the fact that the plans became known, the MTR command does not refuse to fulfill its criminal intentions.
The LPR called on observers of international organizations to record another egregious fact of violation of the truce – the abduction of a serviceman of the People’s Militia – and to assist in his return.
This is the fourth LPR serviceman abducted by Ukrainian special forces over the past four months. Taken hostage on October 13, 2021, Andrey Kosyak, an observer of the Joint Center for Control and Coordination of Ceasefire Issues, has been in captivity for more than 100 days.
Andrey Marochko, a veteran of the People’s Militia of the LPR, believes that the actions of the Ukrainian special services fully confirm the forecast of the military representative of the Donetsk People’s Republic, Eduard Basurin, who reported on six sabotage groups trained by British specialists. Their goal is to kidnap servicemen of the LPR and DPR, in order to later distribute video materials of their interrogations. According to the script, they must confess to being defectors. Even under pressure, the hostages will accuse the Russian special services of preparing terrorist attacks on the territory of the republics.
– The people’s militia warned that such a development of the situation is possible, and now, after a few days, we see real confirmation, – Andriy Marochko said. – Maria Zakharova also warned about possible provocations from the Armed Forces of Ukraine on February 4, when the Beijing Olympics begin.
The Ukrainian media portrays this in such a way that Russia specifically warns in order to carry out the attack itself and then blame the Ukrainian armed forces. The Armed Forces of Ukraine are conducting an information campaign to discredit the Russian Federation. In this series, and yesterday’s abduction of our serviceman. We all understand that if a video material is shown in the West, where a LPR serviceman says that Russian troops are really preparing provocations, then, naturally, everyone will believe this video.
– Do you suppose that the kidnapped person will be forced to testify against Russia?
– Such a scenario is possible. The Ukrainian side is lying that our servicemen voluntarily go over to their side and give “frank confessions.” They planned a similar falsification with the LPR observer Andrei Kosyak. True, Kiev in this case discredited itself because of the inconsistency in the actions of its own departments. Initially, there was only one official version, and in the end, the Ukrainian prosecutor’s office stated that Kosiak had indeed been detained by special services. That is, it was a planned action.
Now we are waiting for the video of the interrogation of the military kidnapped yesterday. It is clear that on the territory of the republics, in Russia and even in Ukraine, it is unlikely that anyone will believe in fabricated video materials, but for Western countries a fake will do. They are not accustomed to questioning what is presented by CNN and other news outlets.
– Know the circumstances of his abduction?
– Yes. I want to immediately note the complexity of the relief on the Svetlodarskaya arc. There are many lowlands and many uplands. There are a lot of hidden approaches to positions. This area is under special control of the Ukrainian troops, since it is the border between the Donetsk and Lugansk people’s republics. All exacerbations, as a rule, occur here. This direction is considered by Ukraine as a priority for an attack, because in this way it is possible to “cut” the two republics and reach Debaltseve, which is a railway interchange, in a short time.
– In recent days, the UK has transferred to Ukraine a large number of NLAW man-portable anti-tank systems. The media write that British and Canadian instructors began to train the Ukrainian military. Do you feel the tension in Donbas from all this?
– The situation is very tense on the line of contact, even though the number of shelling has decreased. Ukrainian troops are acting according to the tactics of “first aggravation, then calm” in order to lull our vigilance. And then there are diversions. So now we have to be as concentrated as possible.
Follow us on Google News Asia Times Now page for faster updates.