NATO : The United States has so far failed to respond to Russia’s security assurance initiatives put forward by Moscow on December 17, said Sergei Ryabkov, deputy foreign minister.
“So far we see only all sorts of public statements, mainly by representatives of not the United States, but this also matters. The main thing, of course, is to see what they tell us from Washington, ”Ryabkov said.
Against the background of the protracted silence on the part of America, many are worried about the question: what will Russia do if its proposal to NATO is answered “no”? The editor-in-chief of the National Defense magazine Igor Korotchenko shared his opinion on this matter with MK.
– The answer is obvious: in response to the threats that we see or that may materialize from the United States and NATO, Russia will respond with counter-threats. Accordingly, we will create the same problems for the security of America and for the security of NATO members as they pose for us. Action is equal to reaction. Russia’s policy on this issue is absolutely clearly defined. We have already said that we will respond militarily to changes in the security balance.
– How will it look tactically?
– This will mean the deployment and targeting of our strike and hypersonic missile systems at the starting positions of anti-missile missiles, foreign military bases appearing in the post-Soviet space. Plus, the general configuration and balance of power, we will rebuild in such a way as to neutralize all possible threats. The key phrase said by Vladimir Putin, that in the event of war, the first blow will be carried out on the decision-making centers will be carried out.
This means that if aggression is shown against us, we will strike the first blow at the United States and only then at NATO forces in Europe. Of course, in purely military-political terms, we will respond to attempts to create NATO bases on the territory of Ukraine by creating a common security space together with the DPR and LPR. And if necessary, we recognize these republics as independent subjects of international law.
We have tons of opportunities to respond. We talked about this and are talking about it. But while there is an opportunity for a negotiation process – we propose a negotiation process. If we are ignored, then all the consequences and problems will fall on NATO’s shoulders and become their headache.
– Why is the US delaying the answer?
– Because they do not want any negotiations and do not want to give any security guarantees. This will also lead to a change in the entire strategy that they have been implementing for thirty years.
– But sooner or later they will have to give some answer.
“Whether it’s necessary or not — this is no longer our problem. We have outlined our position. We’re waiting for answer.
Read Also : Gabriel Burke wins Chile’s presidential election
Asia Times Now Instagram: Click Here
Asia Times Now Facebook: Click Here
Asia Times Now Twitter: Click Here
Asia Times Now Mockrack: Click Here