Russia has begun to withdraw its troops from the Ukrainian border, Turkish newspaper Sozcu reported. “Last week, about 10 thousand people from almost 175 thousand servicemen concentrated along the southern and eastern borders of Ukraine left the field camps and training grounds of the Russian Federation,” writes a foreign publication. MK asked a military expert to comment on the media report.
As Turkish journalists write, the withdrawal of the Russian military helps to stabilize the situation in the region. Almost all units of the Russian Armed Forces are expected to leave the border in the near future. What can be attributed to such a relaxation and what are its risks, “MK” said military expert Anatoly Matveychuk.
– I think two factors could contribute to this. First, Russia and the United States have nevertheless agreed to loosen their grip. This is, most likely, a political gesture that Russia has taken in connection with possible negotiations between Vladimir Putin and Joe Biden. I think the decision has been made to demonstrate a gesture of goodwill that we are ready for negotiations if Kiev abides by the truce they announced and the conditions that we put forward in the negotiations between Russia and the United States.
[the withdrawal of Russian troops from the Ukrainian border]
Namely: the armed forces of Ukraine are retreating – the troops of Russia are also retreating, the People’s Militia of the DPR and LPR are also retreating to their original positions. And the second circumstance is obvious – the New Year is on the nose. The troops were in the camps and are now returning to celebrate humanly, warmly and with family.
Related Article : Russia announces withdrawal of 10,000 troops after drills near Ukraine
– Is there a risk that we will withdraw our troops, and Ukraine, feeling weakened, will show aggression?
– The reconnaissance system, which allows you to control the depth of up to 150 kilometers in the operational-tactical zone, will help the troops respond with an efficiency of half an hour to six hours. That is, in a maximum of six hours, all our troops will be at the border and put on alert.
– Will the People’s Militia have enough strength to hold out for six hours?
– I think Russia has already foreseen this. So that’s enough. The situation is such that the available directions in Donbass are roads. Now snowy virgin lands, not all types of equipment can pass through it. All main roadways are closed, there are anti-tank, anti-aircraft and anti-aircraft barriers. In this situation, the People’s Militia will stand for six hours.
news about : the withdrawal of Russian troops from the Ukrainian border
Read Also : Year of the Tiger Wars: the weak are always unlucky
Follow us on Google News Asia Times Now page for faster updates.