The draft law on expanding the powers of the Special Operations Forces (SSO) of Ukraine was registered in the Verkhovna Rada. They want to provide sabotage forces with special powers in the conduct of intelligence in the interests of preparing and conducting their own special operations, combat and special actions “during the organization of a resistance movement.” What will give additional powers to the Ukrainian saboteurs and how much this can affect the situation in Donbass, “MK” was told by Major General of the FSB, retired, member of the Council on Foreign Defense Policy Alexander Mikhailov.
The project was initiated by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committee on National Security, Defense and Intelligence. The authors are convinced that the changes will significantly expand the capacity of the “national resistance”. Now the right to carry out intelligence belongs to the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine, the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, the intelligence agency of the State Border Service and the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
“The question is not what rights the special operations forces will have, but how they will use these rights and whether they will be able to do it effectively,” Mikhailov said. – In any case, everything that they have done recently, both in relation to Russia and in relation to Donbass, was a failure and testifies to the low professional qualities of people who were recruited in special services in Ukraine today.
They, in fact, are now formalizing the position that they already have. By and large, they want to clothe their bandit outings in some form of legality. It is clear that any special operations forces always have a very wide range of powers, legal and illegal. It seems to me that such a bill should be treated calmly, because we are unlikely to feel some kind of powerful strengthening.
– There is no reason to fear a wave of sabotage?
– It all depends not on how they are prepared, but how we resist them. They never had the authority to carry out sabotage actions and commit terrorist acts on the territory of Russia, but we constantly catch them. And they act essentially illegally, even for their own state. Therefore, most likely, they want to somehow legalize the already existing situation. But their “Wishlist” does not affect anything, the qualifications of the people who will be engaged in these things are important. And I have big doubts in this matter.
– Russia, of course, can successfully resist, but what about Donbass? If the “sorties” of sabotage groups intensify, are they ready there?
– So Ukraine is now carrying out these sorties – and catching them in the Donbass.
– Why does the Ukrainian MTR need this legalization?
– They understand that all these sorties for the time being. The world community will one day “sober up” and ask what they are doing and on the basis of what normative internal and international acts such activities are carried out. I understand that this bill does not bode well. In Ukraine, the guys are specific and you can expect anything from them. But again, the question is not what to expect, but how we can counteract it. In my opinion, now we are quite effective in suppressing all their “Wishlist”.