The daily statistics on covid in Russia continues to remain alarming: the incidence rates are still peak, daily mortality in the past few days has exceeded 1200 people. And most of these victims could not have been if the Russians would have been amicably and actively vaccinated – and collective immunity would have been established.
However, in addition to open antivaxers who deny the benefits of vaccination, there is a certain layer of those who preferred to pretend that they were vaccinated: they persuaded the doctor not to inject the drug, but to make a record of vaccination, or acquired a fake certificate on the Internet . Worst of all, the falsely vaccinated at the same time continue their social activity, as if protected!
At the end of October, an associate professor at Omsk State Medical University, who even took pictures with her colleagues on a poster calling for vaccination (“We were vaccinated, did you?”), Died of covid. It came as a shock to the whole city: smart, young (38 years old), vaccinated – and died despite being vaccinated! However, when checking it, it became clear that the teacher submitted false information about herself and in fact was not vaccinated. But how many of those who changed their minds to go to the vaccination room after the news of her death will find out the truth? Everything has already been decided for them …
There is a lot of evidence that Sars-cov-2 is a dangerous and insidious virus. Moreover, he does not spare those who do not believe in him. For example, the famous American TV presenter Dick Farrell, who called the pandemic a far-fetched “world conspiracy”, died of covid, but conspiracy theories are still popular among anti-vaccines. Komsomolskaya Pravda has already written that behind such theories there may be deep fear and inability because of it to think critically among the supporters of conspiracy theories. But the buyers of the certificates stand on their own “My body is my business!” And they are even ready to bear criminal responsibility for forging documents. What is the danger of such a position? We talked about this with
Vladislav Zhemchugov, doctor, allergist, immunologist, doctor of medical sciences, specialist in infectious diseases.
- First of all, the situation with purchase certificates, when the fact of the vaccination itself was not, will subsequently affect the statistics on the effectiveness of vaccination, and compromise their work. This devalues the efforts expended by scientists and doctors. It turns out that we have been working in vain in many ways! Although in reality this is not the case.
But there is also another side. Those who buy certificates need to understand that they are defenseless against the virus. I can judge by my patients: those who have been vaccinated, even if they become ill with coronavirus infection, do not have a moderate or severe course of the disease. They carry the infection easily. And there is no such serious postcoid condition that would prevent them from working and leading an active lifestyle. Rehabilitation after illness is faster for them. My colleagues also confirm these facts based on their practice, – Vladislav Zhemchugov told kp.ru. – At the same time, we know that anti-vaccine workers die from coronavirus and die hard. A recent example – a young head physician of a homeopathic center died (homeopathic physician Yuri Popov, who ran his own clinic in Chelyabinsk and opposed vaccination, wearing a mask and keeping a distance died from coronavirus infection, – approx. ed.). Very sorry.
- Vladislav Evgenievich, how can you cope with the problem of purchase certificates? Punish, fine, criminalize?
- First of all, it is important to estimate the size of the problem, how many of the certificates were actually purchased. This can be done and you need to spend time and effort on it. Yes, those who sell certificates need to be punished. I think no one needs to be imprisoned, but fines and substantial fines for violating the certificate registration procedure should be inevitable.
- Perhaps to increase the degree of protection?
- This will increase the cost of the procedure itself, and the protection can always be bypassed. QR codes, although more complicated, can also be faked. Hospital ones are counterfeited, even banknotes with complex degrees of protection – and they are counterfeited. You need to look at the very cause of this problem. And the main reason is people’s distrust: “They hide the truth from us!” Therefore, “I’d rather buy myself a certificate, since society requires it, but I won’t get vaccinated.” I emphasize once again that in order to overcome this mistrust, it is necessary to publicly publish, firstly, all data on vaccines, and secondly, to assess the size of the problem with fake certificates, to understand how people get them, to publish this data. And to fine those who are involved in this. I no longer wanted to fine to do this “business”.
“Spend money on fake vaccination and die”: Who profits from fake covid vaccination certificates