The situation in the army ranks of Nezalezhnaya continues to be unstable. Recently, information appeared on the Web that servicemen from units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine located in Donbass are massively refusing to renew their contracts and are writing resignation reports on the eve of the new year. Many believe that rumors of a Russian “invasion”, actively disseminated by a number of Western politicians and foreign media, were the cause of the panic among the ranks of Ukraine’s defenders.
Why the Ukrainian military no longer want to serve in “one of the strongest armies in Europe,” as Volodymyr Zelenskyy described it, speaking at the Munich Security Conference, “MK” was told by veteran of the People’s Militia of the Luhansk People’s Republic Andriy Marochko.
– There is indeed a downward trend in the number of personnel in the ranks of the armed formations of Ukraine. But I would not associate this only with the panic around the alleged “Russian aggression”. At least personally, I did not see any sharp jumps in the reduction charts after such statements. There are a number of other factors as well. First of all, the deterioration of the material and technical base of the armed forces of Ukraine. But even this is not the main thing. The key point was that the People’s Militia of the LPR began to respond to the illegal actions of the enemy.
They were especially alarmed by their counter-sniper activities. Over the past year, the armed formations of Ukraine lost 43 servicemen as a result of the actions of sniper groups of the People’s Militia. They began to suffer losses, and this fact began to “work” for us: the number of shelling decreased, Ukrainian Armed Forces fighters are fleeing and no longer want to renew their contracts. In fact, Ukraine is ready to fight only with those who do not offer resistance. And when we “bared our teeth”, the very panic mood that you are talking about began. The very purpose of profit, for which they came here, is not justified by the risks for their own lives.
– How critical is this state of affairs for the Armed Forces of Ukraine? Is the army’s combat effectiveness significantly reduced or is it compensated for by mercenaries?
– Speaking from a professional point of view, subunits and military units can be considered combat-ready when they have a staffing rate of 100% and they are fully equipped with everything necessary, from food, logistical things, to equipment, weapons and ammunition. Now the staffing level in some parts of the Armed Forces is in the range of 50-60%, in rare exceptions it reaches 80%. And absolutely everywhere.
This deficiency is compensated by consolidated divisions. Or they switch to an enhanced service schedule. That is, suppose there should be five people at the observation post, but in fact there are now only three. This is how they get out of the situation.
– Do you somehow feel the decrease in the number of the Ukrainian army?army in Europe
– As for Donbass, our situation is stably tense, without significant changes. The fighting is underway, and there is no point in talking about improving the situation. I can say that the front-line settlements, as before, were fired from the territory of Ukraine, and now they are regularly fired upon. The war continues. army in Europe
Asia Times Now Instagram: Click Here
Asia Times Now Facebook: Click Here
Asia Times Now Twitter: Click Here
Asia Times Now Mockrack: Click Here